Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Summer Running

I have some races planned for this summer that I am really excited about. But wouldn't it be cool to have a different running experience other then racing? My good friend Cat, writes an awesome blog for Ski Utah. Yesterday morning Cat sent me an article of a fantastic idea that for summer running. The article is MTS Recap: What Does it Take to Create a Summer Magnet? and it was written by Gregg Blanchard.

The part of the article that was most interesting to me was when Blanchard talked about a fourth option for mountain resorts to develop for summer time:

"The idea is hardly developed, so I’ll just spit it out: what if a resort hired a former Olympic long distance runner and became the trail running / ultramarathon training capital of the world. Two-week long camps to prep for the growing number of mountain races."
 
I am in love with the idea of running at a ski resort, and think the idea of having trail running camps is a fantastic idea. Check out the rest of the article, and let me know if it would be something that you would be interested in.

No comments:

Post a Comment